As an invited speaker, EAS may defray a portion of the reasonable costs associated with your travel to the conference. If you are entitled to re-imbursement from your place of employment, please solicit funding through them and not EAS, which is a nonprofit volunteer organization.
Allocation of the available funds for each invited paper session is at the discretion of the session chair. If you have any questions, please contact the chair of your session. In general, you should note that all expenses other than conference registration related to this travel MUST be coordinated in advance with the chair of your session. Typically, expenses incurred on the day of your lecture, plus the previous OR following night MAY be reimbursed. The maximum amount to be reimbursed will not exceed the pre-agreed amount by your session chair.
- As an invited speaker, you are entitled to receive a complimentary Full Conferee registration to the meeting and exposition. Do NOT pre-register
- EAS will register you and you will receive an email confirmation of your registration by the end of October. Be sure to print and bring a copy of your preregistration to the registration check-in area when you arrive at EAS to receive your name badge and program materials.
- Please be sure to review EAS’s Covid-19 policies prior to your arrival to the Crowne Plaza Conference Center.
Housing information is posted on our website at click here for details
- Please utilize the EAS block of rooms at the Crowne Plaza Princeton Conference Center or the Holiday Inn Express Princeton Southeast.
- The Crowne Plaza Princeton Hotel and Holiday Inn Express Princeton Southeast are the two EAS preferred hotels which are connected to the conference center. Please visit our website for housing information and mention EAS group code to get the EAS discounted rates. However, it is possible that lower hotel rates are available through travel memberships (i.e. AAA, AARP, etc.) or other discount travel services. Please consider utilizing those services if they are lower than the EAS rate. http://eas.org/2020/?page_id=629.
- EAS will reimburse one night room charges (up to $161.00 per night) and associated taxes per contribution to an invited session. Exceptions to this guideline must be approved in advance by James Rydzak, EAS Program Chair. The maximum number of hotel nights reimbursed by EAS for any speaker is 2 nights.
- Air: EAS reimburses for coach or economy airfares. Please make your reservations at least six weeks in advance to secure the lowest fare. If the cost of coach/economy fare is over $600 round trip, you must request advance approval by Matthew Wood, EAS Program Chair.
- Airport Transfers: (READ carefully as policies have changed). Newark Liberty International Airport or Trenton-Mercer Airport (Frontier Airline) are the closest and most convenient airports to the conference center. Philadelphia International Airport is also an option but it is further distance, has less transportation options and more costly to get to/from the conference center.
- Please utilize the most economical transportation option between the Conference Center and airport.
- NJ Transit Trains from Newark International Airport is the most economical and fastest method of transportation (approx 50 min). Click here for train schedules from Newark Airport to Princeton Junction train station. Then take EAS free shuttle (Mon-Wed; 7:30am-5:30pm) or a taxi/uber from Princeton Junction train station to the Conference Center (approx 5-10min). Both the Crowne Plaza Hotel and the Holiday Inn Express have a shuttle van to pick up guests from the Princeton Junction train station based on availability; contact your hotel prior to arrival.
- Commercial shuttle services offer ride-share options and are subject to an individual passenger’s arrival and departure schedules. Call for reservations at least 24 hours in advance. State Shuttle 1-800-427-3207; 1-973-729-0030 www.stateshuttle.com
- Taxis/Uber/Lyft from Newark or Philadelphia Intl Airport will ONLY be reimbursed up to a maximum of $150.00 round trip or $95 one-way.
- Rental Cars will be reimbursed for airport transfers only (Not from your original point of departure), but not to exceed $150.00 total (including any additional charges, gas, insurance, etc.).3. Driving:
- Personal automobile transportation will be reimbursed at the EAS rate of $.30 per mile.
- No reimbursement will be made for 25 miles or less for one way travel or 50 miles or less, round trip travel.
- Rental cars from your original point of departure will not be reimbursed
- Click here for driving directions
- EAS will reimburse up to a total of $75 per day – one day of meals (1 breakfast/1 lunch/1 dinner) per invited speaker, on the day of your invited session, provided the speaker lives outside a 50 mile radius of the symposium. Dinners are reimbursed up to the daily maximum of $50.
- Be sure to obtain itemized receipts for any meals costing more than $15. Meal receipts that are not itemized will not be reimbursed. EAS will reimburse only for food that you consume; not for additional guests.
- Alcoholic beverages will not be reimbursed.
- EAS will NOT reimburse for other hotel-related expenses (pay TV, valet, mini bar, telephone, internet connection, faxes, etc.).
- EAS will NOT reimburse for: flight insurance; presentation preparation of slides, overheads, handouts, etc; audiovisual equipment; entertainment of other speakers, conferees, spouse, etc.; or the cost of purely personal items, such as clothing, jewelry, entertainment, souvenirs, personal telephone calls, gifts, and laundry service.
- Each speaker is asked to pay for all travel-and hotel-related expenses, and to complete the appropriate EAS expense report form post symposium to receive reimbursement.
- EAS Expense Report Form (available from the Session Chair) must be received within 60 days of the meeting dates. Expense reports after January 15th will not be accepted.
- Please affix original receipts to 8.5 x 11 inch sheets of paper, and attach to the EAS Expense Report Form. EAS will not be responsible for any lost or missing receipts.
- Emailed PDF copies are acceptable in addition to mailing of hard copies.
Return the original and one (1) copy of the Expense Report Form with receipts to:
PO Box 185
Spring Lake, NJ 07762
Please direct inquiries to:
EAS Executive Secretary