As the 2021 Eastern Analytical Symposium and Exhibition draws steadily closer, we are keeping the safety, health and well-being of our attendees, speakers, exhibitors, and instructors at the forefront as we plan for one of the first in-person analytical chemistry symposia of the year. We are pleased to share our requirements and guidelines for all attendees of EAS. This plan follows guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the State of NJ.
EAS has implemented the following requirements:
- Proof of vaccination* against COVID-19 OR provide a negative COVID-19 test result (PCR or Rapid test taken within 72 hours of check-in at registration). A list of nearby test facilities will be provided for those who wish to test after arriving in Princeton.
- All attendees must wear a mask** at all times while attending all EAS events (except for briefly removing during drinking and eating, and when delivering an oral presentation).
EAS highly recommends that all attendees:
- Maintain Social distancing of at least 3 feet whenever possible.
- Frequently wash hands and use hand sanitizer stations located throughout the Conference Center and Crowne Plaza Hotel.
- Choose to not attend if you are not feeling well or exhibiting signs or symptoms of any illness.
Attendees are responsible for understanding the requirements of this plan, including periodic updates as posted. Refusal to comply with any EAS policies, including COVID-19 requirements, is grounds for denial of entry to EAS.
*While full vaccination is recommended by the CDC prior to traveling, having received at least one dose of a two-dose vaccine prior to arrival is considered acceptable.
**An acceptable face mask comprises at least 2 layers of breathable fabric or hospital grade material and must fully cover the nose and mouth.
We look forward to your participation at EAS in November and to providing a safe and welcoming environment to all!